Applies to: Risk Assessment Platform
- Can a published risk model be changed?
- How to modify a risk model after it is used in an assessment unit?
- Can the answer sets and questions be changed in an in progress risk assessment?
A risk model can be modified only if it is not being used by an assessment unit.
If a risk model is in use, it cannot be changed. This is intentional to retain data integrity.
However, you can create a new risk model by copying the used one, and then upgrade your assessment units to use the new version if needed.
- Risk Model is not published: you can edit the risk model.
- Risk Model is published and not used by an assessment unit: you can unpublish and then edit it.
- Risk model is published and used by an assessment unit:
- Delete the assessment unit(s); OR
- Create a new risk model by copying the existing one - see below instructions
How to Create the Risk Model by Copying
- Navigate to App Setup > Risk Model
- Press the New Risk Model button
- In the popup window complete the details:
- Domain: select the same Domain as the risk model you want to copy
- Methodology: select the same methodology as the risk model you want to copy
- Name: a unique name for the risk model
- Description: optional
- Start From: select the risk model you want to copy
Note: This field only shows risk models matching the selected Domain and Methodology.
- Press the Create button
- Make the changes
How to Upgrade the Assessment Unit to the New Risk Model
! Important: These steps only work when the assessment unit is using the risk model that was copied to create the new risk model.
- Navigate to the Home page / Risk Assessment History page
- Open the assessment and go to the Assessment Unit page
- Identify the assessment unit to upgrade
- Use the actions menu () and select Assessment Unit Details
- In the pop-up window, open the Risk Model dropdown field
- The new version of the risk model will appear in the dropdown - select it
- Save the changes.