Applies to: Risk Assessment Platform
- What is the Data Region field used for on the New Company window?
- In what geographical region is my data stored?
- Can I choose the geographical region to store my data?
- Does Risk Assessment Platform (RAP) support data sovereignty?
- What is data sovereignty and how does it work in RAP?
Released on 9 September 2020, Risk Assessment Platform version 1.7.6 added the ability for company data to be stored in a global region of choice.
Also known as Data Sovereignty, this new function enhances the privacy of personally identifiable information (PII), and data protection and security.
Data sovereignty in RAP works as follows:
- When creating a new company, use the new Data Region field to select the region to store company data.
- Initial regions available are Australia East (Sydney), North Europe (Ireland), and West US (California).
- Companies created before v1.7.6 store data in region Australia East (Sydney) and continue to do so after v1.7.6.
- Companies created after v1.7.6 store data in the region chosen at company creation.
- Data region cannot be changed after company creation.
- For local installs of the Risk Assessment Platform, the data region function can be enabled during installation but is otherwise disabled. See the RAP Installation Guide for more information.