Applies to: Risk Assessment Platform
What does the Bulk Update button on the Controls Library page do?
How is it used?
On the Controls Library page, the Bulk Update button lets you update multiple controls in your Control Library simultaneously.
Important: To retain the data integrity of pre-existing Assessments, changes to controls in the Control Library are not reflected in controls already linked to Assessments. To see the update in a control already added to an assessment, remove and re-add it to the assessment.
To bulk update controls, press the Bulk Update button. The page refreshes to display additional fields where you select what you want to update.
How to complete the fields:
- Select the domain and category of the controls you want to update in the Domain and Category fields.
- Select the field you want to update in the Field to Update field.
- Depending on the value you select in Field to Update, more fields appear where you choose the value to apply to controls. If you selected:
- Status - the Status field appears, which lists all available control Statuses,
- Type - the Type field appears, which lists all available control Types,
- Category - Two fields are displayed:
- Domain - Select the domain under which the category belongs (each domain has different category values, so you must first pick the domain)
- Category - Select the category to apply to the controls (this field becomes actionable after the domain is selected).
- With the field and new value defined, select the controls to update using the checkboxes beside each control in the table.
- Press the Update button to update the selected controls.