The UK Police Force gathers and releases crime data at a district-level, region-level, and national-level. The United Kingdom is divided into 10 Police force regions. In order to understand the location of your business and assess your location crime risk, please follow the following steps:
- Go to UK Office of National Statistics website HERE and download the latest file
- Compare your police force area data with the national-level data to assess the crime rate for your business location.
- In AMLA, we assess the risk level of four types of predicate offences: Deceptive Crime, Illicit Trafficking, Personal Crimes and Property Crimes. You can use the relevant UK crime data to assess your risk level:
- If you would like to do some advanced/detailed research on a specific street-level crime data set, you may visit HERE.
- There is also a third party website UK Crime Data website HERE, where you can find crime data by postcode/district/streets etc. Click on the “View Crime” section on the black bar above and select different levels (postcode/districts/streets) to sort out crime data. Some functions require a subscription whereas some are free for the public to navigate.