Platform: Risk Assessment Platform
Applies to: Super Admin and Company Admin Users
Creating a Risk Model by Importing from CSV
The purpose of this feature is to allow Super Admin and Company Admin users to import a risk model into the application from the risk model import csv file.
In relation to the import process, the user selects "Start From -> Import Model" and the "Choose File" button will appear for the user to locate the import sheet which can be imported.
A sample of the file structure can be exported from the top of the Risk Model page using the "Download Risk Model Import File Format" button (beside the New Risk Model button).
Note: It is important to use the import sheet EXACTLY without adding, editing or re-ordering any columns as doing so will fail the import validations and the risk model will not be imported. The columns on the risk model import must be in the correct order, with correct names. The file type must be .csv. All errors/warnings appear for review to assist with correcting the data and performing a successful risk model import.
There is also a virus scanning to prevent virus-infected files from being uploaded.
The mandatory columns on the risk model import file are:
- RiskCategoryName (only mandatory if 'Include Categories' is selected on New Risk Model popup)
- RiskIndicatorName (only mandatory if creating an automatic model)
- RiskCategoryName (only optional if 'Include Categories' is not selected on New Risk Model popup)
- LinkedAnswerSetName (Only optional in manual models. If specified, must already exist in the platform)
Any data that is not mandatory/not specified in the import file can be updated once the model has been successfully imported, for example, linking answer sets to Risk Indicators and defining weightings. Answer sets and weightings are mandatory before publishing the model and must be completed once the risk model structure has been imported successfully. Refer to Building a Risk Model.
Steps for importing new models
Answer Sets should exist and be published before creating the risk model.
If the relevant answer set content does not exist for the required domain and methodology (e.g you have not purchased content, or you are setting up customised domain/content) then you can import your risk model without answer sets and add them to the risk indicators once the model has been imported successfully:
- On the Company tab of the Risk Model page, download a blank import file (CSV).
- Populate all mandatory fields as per the section above. Save the CSV file.
- Click the New Risk Model button
- Populate mandatory fields in the popup window.
- In the Start From field select 'Import Model' and choose the file created in step 2
- Click Create on the popup.
- If the file has been imported successfully, the edit risk model screen will appear.
- Modify the content if needed, e.g. link answer sets.
- Apply weightings to each group, category, risk factor, and risk indicator. Each level should add to 100%. A red % value indicates that level requires your attention.