Platform: Risk Assessment
Applies to: Super Admin and Company Admin Users
Country risk is the assessment of a country’s or jurisdiction’s vulnerability to the relevant risks being assessed. The purpose of this feature is to create a country risk model that defined the Default Risk Rating for countries and territories (which can be amended during the assessment by End-Users as required). The country risk is assessed during the context of the risk assessment across the following risk factors:
- In what countries does the business use third-party distributors or agents?
- In what countries are the business' customers based?
- In what countries does the business operate
The main components on the header of this page are:
- Global - list of out-of-the-box/purchased country risk models
- Company - list of country risk models created by a company
- Search – enter search text
- Bulk Update – update multiple records at one time
- New Country Risk Model - create a new country risk model
The main components in the table are:
- Name - unique name of the Country Risk Model
- Description - optional
- Methodology - the methodology used by the country risk model
- Status - In Progress, Published, Archived
Note: To see archived items, open the filter and select Archived.
- Start Date - date created
- Publish Date - date published
- Super Admin can view, edit or archive a published Global Country Risk Model, and resume or delete an in-progress Global Country Risk Model, but can only view Company Country Risk Models.
- Company Admin can view, edit or archive a published Company Country Risk Model , resume or delete an in-progress Company Country Risk Model, but only view Global Country Risk Models.
Use the search and filter options on the table to filter your results.
Create a New Country Risk Model
To create a new country risk model, press the New Country Risk Model button. A popup window appears.
Complete the details:
- Select a methodology on which to base the country ratings.
- Enter a unique name for the country risk model. And a description (optional).
- In the Start From dropdown select:
- New to start with a blank template that has no countries listed; or
- Import to import the countries and ratings from a CSV file (see Creating a Country Risk Model by Importing from CSV); or
- an existing country risk model to copy from. Use the Show Archived checkbox to list archived country risk models.
Note: when copying from a country risk model based on a different methodology, the ratings are not copied and must be manually selected for each country.
On create, the Country Risk Management screen will display, which contains the following fields:
- Default Risk Rating
Creating a Country Risk Model by Importing from CSV
The purpose of this feature is to allow Super Admin and Company Admin users to import a country risk model into the application from a CSV file.
A sample of the file structure for the CSV file can be downloaded using the "Download Country Risk Model Import File Format" button at the upper right of the Country Risk Model page.
Important: Do not add, edit or re-order the columns. Do not change the column headings. Do not change the file type. Doing so will cause the import to fail.
Import errors/warnings are displayed to assist with correcting the data and performing a successful import. Virus scanning is performed on import to prevent virus-infected files from being uploaded.
Configuring the CSV Import File
For a successful import, the CSV import file must be configured correctly.
Use the "Download Risk Model Import File Format" button to download a blank CSV import file. This file includes all countries and regions and requires only ratings to be added.
Add ratings to each country to be included in the Country Risk Model.
Note: Ensure the ratings exactly match the chosen methodology for the country risk model.
To exclude countries from the import, delete the entire row or leave the Rating column blank.
Importing the Country Risk Model
Only users with the appropriate permissions can view the Country Risk Model page and create new Country Risk Models.
- Use the "Download Risk Model Import File Format" button to download a blank CSV import file.
- Follow the instructions above to configure the CSV import file. Save the file.
- Click the New Country Risk Model button.
- Populate mandatory fields in the popup window.
- In the Start From field, select 'Import' and then press Choose File.
- Find and select the file created in Step 2.
- Click Create on the popup.
- If the file has been imported successfully, the new country risk model will be added to the table.
- Open the risk model. Modify the contents if needed.
Go to Risk Analysis to see how the country risk model applies to the risk assessment.