Applies to: Risk Assessment Platform
- Version 2.3 - 19 December 2022
- Version 2.2 - 2 November 2022
- Version 2.1.1 - 2 June 2022
- Version 2.1 - 17 March 2022
- Version 2.0 - 2 November 2021
- Version 1.10 - 21 July 2021
- Version 1.9.0 - 19 May 2021
- Version 1.8.0 - 20 January 2021
- Version 1.7.6 - 09 September 2020
- Version 1.7.5 - 13 May 2020
- Version 184.108.40.2062 - 26 March 2020
- Version 220.127.116.112 - 05 March 2020
- Version 1.6.1409 - 05 February 2020
- Version 18.104.22.1684 - 23 December 2019
Version 2.3 - 19 December 2022
- New users can be set as Assignees on risks and controls before they activate their account. These 'pre-activation' users appear with an asterisk beside their name in the Assignee dropdown.
- The risk and control status "Complete" has changed to "Awaiting Submit" and continues to represent that all questions in the risk or control have been answered.
- In the Dashboard, right-click a risk, control, or assessment to "Open link in new tab".
- The Dashboard is the default home page for new users. All users can switch their homepage using the 'Home Page' toggle at the upper right of the Dashboard or Risk Assessment History pages.
- Open assessments or assessment units by clicking anywhere in the row in the Assessment table and Assessment Unit table.
- Action Reminder emails are now sent for Actions not linked to Assessments.
- Improvements to the layout and presentation of Actions and Incidents in the Risks and Controls.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 2.2 - 2 November 2022
- Actions and Incidents
- Actions can now be created and managed from a central location.
- One-to-many - each action can now be linked to multiple risks and controls.
- Link or unlink actions on risks, controls, and the assessment unit report page.
- Actions can be defined as any of these types: Actions, Findings, Incidents, or Issues.
- Actions created prior to this release are listed on the Actions and Incidents page.
- A new set of permissions for viewing and editing actions.
- My Dashboard
- The new Dashboard provides a view of all work assigned to you.
- Displays recent and outstanding risks, controls, assessments, assessment units, and actions.
- Consists of widgets that can be resized and repositioned using the Configure option.
- My Outstanding Risks: risks allocated to you as Assignee or Approver, grouped by status.
- My Outstanding Controls: controls allocated to you as Assignee or Approver, grouped by status.
- My Recent Assessments: assessments and assessments units you most recently updated (since this release).
- My Recent Risks and Controls: risks and controls you most recently updated (since this release).
- My To Do List: all your outstanding work items, with tabs to view by Date, Status, or Priority.
- My Outstanding Actions and Incidents: Actions, Findings, Incidents and Issues assigned to you.
- Use the Home Page toggle to make My Dashboard your default home page.
- Try it out and let us know what you think - My Dashboard will become the default home page.
- "To Do" is a new menu option in the header that provides access to My Dashboard, Risk Assessment History, and Actions and Incidents.
- When inviting Restricted Users, you can now immediately select them in the Owner field of Assessment Units before they activate their accounts. Inactive Restricted Users display an asterisk.
- Notify Assignees and/or Approvers from the Assessment Unit > Workflow page. Select the risks or controls and press the new Notify button on the Assign Risks and Assign Controls tabs.
- Automatically publish Answer sets on import. Select the Publish checkbox in the Bulk Import popup.
- Redesigned the welcome email for new users to make account activation easier.
- The Assessment Report page has a new Residual Risk bar chart to accompany the doughnut chart.
- The Assessment Report page has a scroll bar for the assessment unit bar charts if there are more than 10 assessment units.
- Generating the Word reports on a macOS device now includes all graphs as expected.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 2.1.1 - 2 June 2022
- Overrides on risk/control/assessment unit are now only removed by a recalculation if the recalculated rating matches the override rating (i.e. override is no longer needed).
- The Preview Audit popup window now displays the current calculated rating after an override is applied.
- Risk Factors are automatically reopened when a recalculation causes the Risk Factor ratings to change. The allocated Assignee receives a notification email when this happens.
- Changed the warning message that appeared whenever a user triggers a recalculation. The new message now only appears when the recalculation causes a risk factor to reopen, alerting the user that the risk factor needs to be reviewed and resubmitted.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 2.1 - 17 March 2022
- Residual Risk Ratings at the Risk Factor level
- A Residual Risk Rating is displayed for each Risk Factor on the Risk Questionnaire page.
- A Controls Effectiveness Rating is displayed for each Risk Factor on the Risk Questionnaire page.
Note: The Control Effectiveness Rating may display "Not Assessed" in Risk Factors that were linked to Controls before v2.1. See this FAQ for steps to refresh the rating.
- Controls can now also be linked to risk factors from the Risk Questionnaire pages.
- These new fields and functions are enabled by default for all users.
- Rating overrides are now possible for:
Note: Override permissions are enabled with the 'Approver' user role.
- Residual Risk Rating at the Assessment Unit level.
- Controls Effectiveness Rating at the Risk Factor level.
- Residual Risk Rating at the Risk Factor level.
- The Assessment > Report page has a new "Comments" field under the Residual Risk Rating section.
- The Assessment Unit > Report page has a new "Residual Risk by Risk Factor" section with a heatmap and "Comments" field.
- Word reports generated for the Assessment Unit now include:
- a Residual Risk heatmap in the Executive Summary chapter
- a Residual Risk by Risk Factor chapter
- and the Overall Findings chapter will show Assessment Unit residual risk rating override details, and comments from the Assessment Unit > Report > Residual Risk Rating "Comments" field.
- The Export list for Assessment Units now offers "Risk and Control Mappings" in XLSX format.
- Added new permissions in the Application Role page to:
- show/hide the new risk factor level control effectiveness and residual risk ratings; and
- enable/disable each of the new override features.
Note: Custom roles can be created by Company Admins to define specific sets of permissions for users; for example, hide the new fields for risk factor residual risk.
- Improved the graphical quality of charts and graphs in the Word reports for the Assessment and Assessment Unit.
- Missing status labels in the App Setup pages have been found and returned.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 2.0 - 2 November 2021
- Use the new 'Export Assessments to Excel' button () on the Risk Assessment History page to generate a report of all Risk Assessments and their ratings.
- The heatmap-style CSV exports can now also be exported to Excel with rating colours and formatting. Access these from the Assessment > Action Menu () > Export option.
- The name and job title of stakeholders on the Context and Control Questionnaire pages can now be updated.
- Answer Sets linked to deleted risk models can now also be deleted.
- Built an API to add/update/delete data sets, however, data sets cannot yet be used to update risk assessments. The ability to auto-populate and calculate answers in risk assessments from this data will be available in a future release.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 1.10 - 21 July 2021
- Configuration options for Single-Sign-On authentication
- Company Admins can configure SSO in the new Authentication screen
- The Authentication window is accessed from the Settings menu
- For more information see Application Customisation - Authentication
- Default email footers updated
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 1.9.0 - 19 May 2021
- Multi-domain Assessments
- Create enterprise-wide assessments spanning multiple domains such as Anti Money Laundering, Anti Bribery and Corruption, and Sanctions.
- Within the assessment, you can now create assessment units from any available domain, allowing coverage of AML, ABC, and Sanctions within the one assessment.
- Assessment Report configuration to exclude and include specific assessment units.
- Expanding on the configurability of assessment reports, it is now possible to create 'Custom Groupings' of assessment units and weighting distributions for assessment reports.
- Define exactly which assessment units to include in the report, as well as their weighting and the order they're displayed.
- Multiple Active Methodologies
- You are no longer limited to a single ‘default’ methodology and can have more than one active methodology.
- Select any active methodology when creating Answer Sets, Risk Models, Country Risk Models and Assessments.
- Work on multiple risk assessments each using a different methodology.
- Optional Supporting Documents
- Creating an Assessment Unit no longer requires a Supporting Document Template to be selected.
- Assessment Units created without one will automatically hide the Supporting Document chevron for a seamless user experience.
- Actions within the risk factor and control can be assigned an Owner
- Owners can now be assigned to Actions, who will receive notification emails on Action creation and update, and reminder emails on the 1st and 15th of the month.
- Notifications stop when there is a Resolution.
- New Statuses for Risk Factors and Controls
- Risk Factors and Controls in the assessment unit have new statuses to represent their state of completion.
- "Not Assessed" is for the risk factors with no answered risk indicators and controls with no control effectiveness rating.
- "Completed" is for risk factors with all risk indicators answered and controls with a control effectiveness rating.
- "In Progress" is only for risk factors with some answered indicators.
- Restricted Users and Assessment Unit Owners
- A new "Restricted" setting is available for users. When enabled, the user is limited to only the Assessment Units they are assigned.
- To support this setting a new role is available "Restricted Role". Users with the "Restricted" setting should only have this role selected.
- Restricted users can be assigned to assessment units using the new "Owner" field on the Assessment Unit Details window at creation and update.
- App Setup Management Bulk Field Updates
- Update multiple fields at once when working in App Setup for Risk Models, Answer Sets, Methodologies, and Country Risk Models.
- Press the new "Bulk Update" button to enable inline editing of the records in the table.
- Descriptions for App Setup Content
- Add descriptions to the Methodologies, Risk Models and Answer Sets in the App Setup windows.
- These descriptions are visible as tooltips in the assessments and the Methodology description appears in the reports.
- Improved User Interface - general improvements to the interface provide a more streamlined and efficient user experience.
- Minor bug fixes, performance improvements, security enhancements.
Version 1.8.0 - 20 January 2021
For a detailed list of all new features and enhancements, see Changelog for Risk Assessment Release v1.8
- The term "Assessment Unit" has replaced "Sub-Assessment" to better reflect what is being assessed.
- Centralised Controls Assessment per Assessment Unit
- Controls are now assessed once per Assessment Unit as a separate Controls Assessment step, instead of per Risk Factor.
- Control Effectiveness is calculated per control and control category, instead of per Risk Factor.
- Residual Risk Rating is now calculated per Assessment Unit, instead of per Risk Factor.
- Assignees and Approvers can be assigned to Controls.
- Enhancements to Assessment Units
- Added an override function for Inherent Risk ratings and Control ratings, for users with appropriate permissions. A comment is required when overriding a rating.
- Removed the "Key Findings" section in Risk Factors and replaced it with a new "Actions" section.
- Risk Factors and Controls can have up to 3 Approvers defined,
- Interface changes to improve layout and navigation.
- Methodology customisation options expanded to give greater flexibility and control:
- Control Assessment Metrics, Metric Groups, Metric Ratings;
- Rating scales for Inherent Risk, Residual Risk, Country Risk, Control Effectiveness, and Control Metrics.
- User Role permission changes:
- Added global role "Client" with view-only access to Assessments and Assessment Units.
- Expanded to the list of permissions to provide more granular control, such as override permissions and hide/show specific fields in Assessments and Assessment Units.
- Workflow and Notifications
- The Workflow window has a Controls Workflow tab for assigning Assignees and Approvers.
- Added ability to have up to 3 Approvers assigned to Controls and Risk Factors.
- Added Workflow Notification emails to users when a risk factor or control is ready for approval or is rejected or reopened.
- Added Daily Workflow Reminder emails with hyperlinks to outstanding risk factors and controls.
- Updated Notification Management with settings to turn on or off the workflow emails.
- Word reports and CSV exports expanded and improved:
- Word reports for Assessments and Assessment Units were reworked and now include a methodology overview, rating tables, risk group and control category heatmaps, and expanded appendices.
- CSV exports are available at the Assessment level, including heatmaps and data for all assessment units within the assessment.
- CSV exports at the Assessment Unit level are improved and have new columns: Weightings, Answers, Answer Ratings.
- General Enhancements:
- The "Comment" fields now support 5000 characters, up from 500.
- Data tables can now be sorted, filtered, resized, and allow keyword searches.
- The “Show Archived” checkbox has been moved to the Status column filter settings. It is unselected by default; to see archived data select it in the Status column's filter settings.
- Various bug fixes, performance improvements, security enhancements.
Version 1.7.6 - 09 September 2020
- Data Sovereignty - New global architecture to ensure client data resides in a data store within the region selected during company registration. Learn more here.
- Unicode UTF-8 text format support, enabling non-English alphabet characters for data input, output to reports, and import/export of CSV files.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 1.7.5 - 13 May 2020
- The Branding Management page now allows corporate branding to be applied at the company level, including colours, links, and logos.
- The new Email Template Management feature allows emails to be customised at the company level.
- New URL to log in: app.risk-platform.com.
- New permission options, granting access to Branding Management and Email Template Management.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
Before customising email templates and branding, learn about the technical requirements of certain changes in Administration - Technical Considerations
Version 22.214.171.1242 - 26 March 2020
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 126.96.36.1992 - 05 March 2020
- Ability to change the Risk Model on an In-Progress Sub-Assessment.
- Ability to create a New Assessment or Sub-Assessment by copying over from an existing one.
- Audit Trail for Assessment, Sub-Assessment, Answer Sets and Risk Models.
- M inor improvements and bug fixes.
Version 1.6.1409 - 05 February 2020
- Ability to copy controls with or without test results to one or more Risk Factors within a Sub-Assessment.
Version 188.8.131.524 - 23 December 2019
- New Answer Set Management feature.
- New Control Category Management feature.
- New bulk update, delete and archive feature within the Control Library.
- New feature to customise default control effectiveness rating rules within the Risk Methodology.
- New bulk update Answer Set feature within the Risk Model.
- New unpublish action for unused Answer Sets, Risk Models, Risk Methodologies and Supporting Docs Templates.
- Inherent Risk Rating colour displays next to Risk Indicator answer selection in a Sub-Assessment using an automatic risk model.
- New feature to attach the final report to an Assessment or Sub-Assessment for record-keeping purposes.
- Minor enhancements, performance improvements and bug fixes.