Applies to: AML Accelerate, Risk Assessment Platform, Health Check
What is the password security on my account?
We take information security seriously and have implemented security controls designed to protect your account from being compromised.
We have built in a number of security features, including:
At the point of registration and whenever changing passwords, the following rules apply to establishing a strong password:
- Minimum of 8 characters, maximum of 32
- Must contain at least one letter
- Must contain at least one capital letter
- Must contain at least one number
- Must contain at least one alphanumeric symbol - e.g. !@#$%^&*(\
- Must not be sequential e.g. 111111 or 123456
- Must not be a password that has been used in the last 10 previously
A password strength indicator will display whether the password meets these criteria and the strength of the password.
Passwords expire after 90 days. The next time you attempt to log in you will be required to change your password. The new password must be different to the previous 10 passwords.
If there are 5 failed attempts to enter a password, the account will become "blocked" and you will no longer be able to access your account until you either:
- Wait for the account to be unblocked - which occurs after 4 hours
- Contact your administrator who can arrange to unblock your account
To prevent your account from becoming blocked, we strongly advise that you re-set your own password after 3 or 4 failed attempts. Use the Forgot Password function on the login page.